The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time (National Theatre of Great Britain): Oct 6 - 10, Bord Gáis Energy Theatre
The National Theatre’s award-winning production of The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time makes its Irish premiere at the Bord Gáis Energy Theatre as part of Dublin Theatre Festival 2015.
Christopher, fifteen years old, stands beside Mrs Shears’ dead dog. It has been speared with a garden fork, it is seven minutes after midnight and Christopher is under suspicion. He records each fact in the book he is writing to solve the mystery of who murdered Wellington. He has an extraordinary brain, exceptional at maths while ill-equipped to interpret everyday life. He has never ventured alone beyond the end of his road, he detests being touched and he distrusts strangers. But his detective work, forbidden by his father, takes him on a frightening journey that upturns his world.
Mark Haddon’s The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time was originally published in 2003. It was the winner of more than seventeen literary awards, including prizes in Japan, Holland and Italy as well as the Whitbread Book of the Year Award in the UK in 2004.
Please note this show contains strong language in parts. Loud sound effects, high intensity lighting and video effects including strobe lighting feature in the production.
"Astonishing and unmissable" ★★★★★ Sunday Express
"An ingenious adaptation" ★★★★★ Evening Standard
Cast and Creative Team:
- Adapted by Simon Stephens
- Based on the best-selling novel by Mark Haddon
- Directed by Marianne Elliott
- Cast includes: Joshua Jenkins, Geraldine Alexander, Chris Ashby, Emmanuelle Cole, Edward Grace, Gina Isaac and Stuart Laing
- Production Design: Bunny Christie
- Movement: Scott Graham and Steven Hoggett for Frantic Assembly
- Music: Adrian Sutton
- Sound Design: Ian Dickinson for Autograph
- Video: Finn Ross
- Lighting Design: Paule Constable